Health

Prince Albert of Monaco tests positive for Covid for a THIRD time as Princess Charlene turns 45


Prince Albert of Monaco tested positive for Covid-19 for the third time in less than three years – as his wife Princess Charlene celebrate her 45th birthday today.

The European royal, 64, is said to be asymptomatic but will be isolated in accordance with current Monaco health guidelines.

Last night, a palace spokesman confirmed that, despite his re-infection with the virus, there was currently nothing to worry about for his health.

However, he was forced to cancel his commitments at Sainte Dévote Day celebrations around Monaco this weekend.

Prince Albert of Monaco (pictured in Athens earlier this month), 64, has tested positive for Covid-19 for the third time

The statement did not mention whether Princess Charlene – who will turn 45 today – has contracted the virus.

On Sunday, the father-of-four brought eight-year-old twins Princess Gabriella and Prince Jacques enjoy a night at the circus — while his wife was noticeably absent.

Prince Albert became the first known head of state to be infected in March 2020 and subsequently contracted Covid returns in April 2022.

Eight months later, the royal opened up about the ‘physical fatigue’ he felt during his long recovery from Covid.

Prince Albert first tested positive for Covid in March 2020 and then again in April 2022. Pictured with Princess Charlene, Princess Gabriella and Prince Jacques last November

Prince Albert, 64, poses with 8-year-old twins Princess Gabriella and Prince Jacques as they arrive at the International Circus Festival on Sunday night with royal niece Camille Gottlieb (right) and grandson Louis Ducruet ( left)

He told People magazine: ‘There are times during the day when it just hits, but not like the kind of sleepiness you feel after a hearty meal.

‘It’s really just an experience of physical fatigue, like the kind that happens when you’re doing too much or when you’re about to get well. This virus stays with you for quite some time.

‘It’s really just an experience of physical fatigue, like the kind that happens when you’re doing too much or when you’re about to get well. This virus stays with you for quite some time.’

Albert’s diagnosis came shortly after Charlene returned to the principality after a series of health problems, which the Palace called a ‘deep general fatigue’.

The mother-of-two is said to have been admitted to a private clinic in Switzerland in late November, just days after she returned to Monaco after a 10-month absence from her native South Africa.

Last week, Prince Albert confirmed he and his wife Princess Charlene would definitely be at the ceremony to watch King Charles’ coronation in May.

Last month, Prince Albert praised his wife, Princess Charlene, for “turning the tide in an amazing way” after a lengthy battle over her health.

Speaking in December, the 64-year-old royal told People he was ‘really proud of his wife’, adding: ‘Thai Trac Nghien is doing very well’.

He continued: ‘As you know, last year was a very difficult year for her – and the beginning of this year.’

Albert added that after being admitted to a treatment facility in Switzerland for exhaustion and away from the limelight, Charlene, 44, was ‘actively participating in various events’.

He highlighted a number of events where the former Olympic swimmer has appeared recently, including a recent outing to a branch of the Monaco Red Cross.

‘She really enjoys doing things together and with the kids, so this year will end on a very, very high note. Albert said.



Source link

news8h

News8h.com channel news is always updated in the fastest way. We are committed to bringing readers the latest news in the world about society, politics, sports... The news is updated by video clips, images as quickly as possible.

Related Articles

Back to top button